Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The "Nuclear Option" for Iran.

A couple of simple points about the rumors of Bush considering plans for going nuclear on Iran:


1. I certainly hope he's considering them. I mean, using nuclear devices to stop the construction of nuclear devices by an aggressor would only be considered unfair if the US does it. Anyone else, with the possible exception of Israel, would get a pass.


That's not one of my reasons for not doing it.


2. There's going to be fallout anyway. If we use conventional bombs, and sprayed their radioactive material all over, we'd be accused of dropping the big one one 'em . Why? These guys would deny anything radioactive ever existed. So we must have nuked em.


Seems to me that's a reason for doing it, since the above scenario works both ways - we can deny having used them and any fallout must therefore be the result of their having manufactured the goods.


3. We have conventional bombs that are more powerful than some of the tactical nukes we have. To me a bomb is a bomb but a nuke is a bomb plus fallout. I don't want to wake up 30 years from now watching deformed Iranians on TV and believe we really did that.


So what's my problem with using nukes? I don't want to hear the bitching. Forever.

by Qumana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home